Preparation: 30 min Cooking time: 15 min
Ingredients for 8 persons
- Dark pastry chocolate (40% cocoa): 100 g
- Cocoa powder: 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar: 100 g
- Egg: 4
- Wheat flour: 100 g
- Liquid crème fraîche: 4 tablespoons
- Cinnamon: 1 tbsp
- Four spices: one teaspoon
- Sweet butter: 50 g
- caster sugar: 100 g
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Mix the brown sugar and a little water in a saucepan. Reduce the syrup for 5 minutes over medium heat. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, break the eggs, separating the yolks from the whites. Beat the whites to stiff peaks with a pinch of salt.
- Beat the yolks with the sugar until the mixture whitens and doubles in volume. Mix the powders: flour, cocoa and cinnamon. Add them to the egg yolks in small batches, alternating the powders and the egg whites.
- On a sheet of baking paper placed on the baking sheet (30 x 40 cm), pour the dough to a thickness of 1 cm. Put in the oven for 7 to 8 minutes and unmould on a clean damp cloth, removing the baking sheet. Roll up the dough without removing the cloth and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate, cream, allspice and butter in a double boiler while stirring, until the mixture is homogeneous. Let cool.
- Unroll the biscuit and soak it in sweet syrup. Spread the ganache over the entire surface and roll up the biscuit so that the bond is underneath. Decorate according to your taste and store in the refrigerator until you can eat it.
Dessert from 12 months
Same recipe as my parents.
30 to 50 g: chocolate log